Wednesday, August 17, 2011

I can't believe I have a blog!

One thing I have learned in life is never say never.  I never thought I would have any kind of blog.  Who would have guessed that my son and daughter in-law would talk me into it. I see the wisdom in it and hope that I can keep it interesting enough so that someone out there might want to read it.

The thing is with John and I (Maggie) is that we are not techies at all.  In fact we are both hands on people.  John is of course an accomplished saddle maker and leather craftsman, but in addition he is probably the most "handy" person I know.  It is amazing the things he can fix.  Laugh if you want but we figure that we probably save tens of thousands of dollars a year not calling someone else in to do what John does.  He even fixed our air conditioner motor that was totally seized up.  I am really proud of his skills around the house and also with our vehicles.  He is an excellent mechanic as well.

I am a total homebody and love to cook and garden or any other thing that reflects on my love of home and family.  Nothing makes me happier than to have my son John and his wife Daly over for dinner and a movie or to have my Mom and sister Jan out for a visit.  Holidays here are the best but that's another story all together.


We love having Western Star Leather at our home and enjoy not having employees.  We did all that when we were young and so were internet businesses.  After having had a retail business for so many years we have no problem maintaining somewhat of a work ethic without the demands of regular hours and all the other "fun" day to day thrills of a business opened to the public.  (Unlike the folks you see on TV we don't work in our pajamas.) To each their own.


If you want to read more about our business and history you can log on to our web page about us: http://www.westernstarleather.com/about.html

1 comment:

  1. That's a great photo of John and I enjoyed reading about you both! Thanks for sharing. XOXO

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment. We love hearing from you!